Monday, September 1, 2008

Summer Days Slippin' Away...

Well, my friends, I am finally writing an update of the summer. Summer has come and gone and I am back to teaching. Highlights from this summer:

1. Going with my best friend Vicki as she went to the temple for the first time. This was so special to me. 2. Visiting my family in Arkansas. My Niece Calie is getting so big! As an added bonus, I got to go to the Carrie Underwood and Keith Urban concert. (June 2008)







2. Working for Elderhostel for 7 weeks this summer. (June-August) What an INCREDIBLE experience. I met the most wonderful people from all over. Each week we lead a group of 26-50 people around Utah doing activities such as: Ropes course, Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point, hiking Timponogos caves, 7-Peaks Water park, hot air ballooning in park City, Olympic Park, Park City Mountain Resort, Stewart Falls, Sundance, Temple square (We had some awesome experiences here, Heber Creeper, and Floating the Provo River.


























3. Going to the Stadium of Fire in Provo for the 4th of July. This was such a patriotic experience. I'm proud to be an American. (And to top it all off, the blue man group and Miley Cyrus came and performed with Glenn Beck as the MC).





4. Visiting my friend Amanda and meeting her baby Savana for the first time (out of the womb). Amanda and I were friends in Highschool when I lived in Idaho. We were also room mates at Ricks College our Freshman year. She just moved back to Utah from Hawaii this summer.


5. Brian Regan show at Thanksgiving Point


6. Jack Johnson concert at USANA amphitheater.





7. Boyz II Men concert and the Scera outdoor shell in Orem (August 28, 2008). This was probably the best concert I have ever been to. I was not expecting just how fun it would be. Talk about a blast from the past. I am a born again Boyz II Men fan!


5 comments:

S&F Seminario said...

I am so sad! We missed each other at the Boyz II Men concert! Wasn't it SO fun?! I miss you. Looks like you had a wonderful summer. Let's get together sometime soon.

Mindy said...

Shut-up! You updated! I am shocked!! :) Your summer looks 97427473.7 times more fun than mine! :)

Don said...

I swear! You two are inseparable! As for the love... I've always loved ya. I keep calling you and Vicki, but you've always got other things going on. :)

Anonymous said...

Carrie, I've been waiting so long for you do update! You lead such an eventful life! I'm jealous!

Meg said...

I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the boyz II men concert! It was INCREDIBLE!!