Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Forever Young

Since I've already updated briefly, I figured I can now bore you with silly little details from my every day life. Recently my friend Kathy moved out of my apartment, and my friend Vicki moved in. With the move, we've been making some home improvements. I bought a new desk and put it together myself (with the help of my trusty assistant). My roommate, MaryAnn, informed me that it is a rule that you wear the hardhat anytime you use a tool kit. So, here you have it.... my home office construction gear, documented.

I can't decide if I look more like one of the village people or a bobble head gone awry. Ha.


One of the other home improvements we made was having our carpets cleaned last Saturday. We moved all of our furniture into the kitchen (which made it sound like a sound proof recording studio). While the carpets were getting cleaned, the roomies and I hit the pool for the last time this summer. After they were all clean, we waited for the carpets to dry; and waited, and waited, and waited. When the night came they were still wet and we could not move the furniture back into the bedrooms. Because of this, Vicki and I got the privilege of sleeping in the kitchen and dining room. My mattress ended up underneath the kitchen table. So, I decided that if I had to sleep under the kitchen table, I was going to do something I hadn't done since I was 10.....BUILD A FORT. So along the theme of forever young, I repeated one of my favorite childhood past times and I built a fort out of the kitchen table to sleep under. Here's the proof:


Moral of the story: When life forces you to sleep under the kitchen table, build a fort.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

You are so fun! I miss those days. SO many changes going on eh?

ALY said...

you are one person i would love to get to know,you sound so much fun,