Friday, May 23, 2008

Kids Village Graduation

Another year has come and gone! I can hardly believe it. By the energy level of my students at school, it is apparent that the end of the school year has arrived. After this weekend, only 4 more days of school. My kids had their graduation program last Wednesday. I gathered the class around to give them one final pep talk before they performed. As I had them all sitting there looking at me, I was overcome by emotion and I began to cry. It kind of caught me off guard. I told them that no matter what happens in life, or where they go, I hope they always remember that Miss Carrie loves them. Instantly they got up out of their chairs and shouted "Group hug." Next thing I knew I was being swarmed by a bunch a wiggly, adorable, 2-4th graders. I sure do love my class.
I'm attaching our (first ever) Kids Village Music video along with the slide show that I made. I struggled finding the perfect song, for the slide show portion, that encompassed how I felt about these guys. After prayer and a lot of thought, I was lead to the perfect song. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Kelli and Chad said...

Hey Carrie! This is Kelli from the program again.
I was hoping I could get your e-mail adress one more time. I forgot to give it to my brother, I did show him your blog and thinks you are totally cute. He does have a myspace page, his name is Kyle Fife. I hope you don't think its totally weird. My e-mail again is candkhessing@msn.com. That is so great you are a teacher, I bet those kids really love you. What do you do in the summers? Hope to hear from you soon. Sorry for the long comment!

THE BAISDEN FAMILY said...

Carrie...how fun for those kids that you are their teacher!! You're the best! I don't remember doing fun things like this. Well, I hope you are doing well. What do you do in the summer? Do you come visit Idaho? If you do, we definately need to meet up!