Sunday, June 28, 2009

Summer 2009 (Part 1)

I love to see the Temple (June 2009)




The summer began with a two week nanny job for a family whose children attend the school where I teach. The highlight for me was taking the kids to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. I learned some great lessons from those kids and their experience at the temple.
5-year-old Ryder was so reverent and respectful in the temple. He walked around with his arms folded and whispered the whole time. He had a special experience at the temple, and I wrote down some of the things that he said.

  • In the temple:"This is so awesome!"
  • Afterward in the reception hall: "That was cleaner than ever!!"
  • "Did we earn this?!"
  • In the car on the way home: "I don't feel like saying any bad words...I hate when I say bad words, bad words are bad!"
  • "If we earn it, can we come to the temple again?"
  • "Can we come to the temple tomorrow?"
  • "I'm SO happy that you took us to the temple...Thank you for taking us to the temple, Miss Carrie!"
I was touched by his sweet impressions in that very sacred place and his tender feelings on what a privilege it is to visit the house of the Lord. We could all take a lesson from sweet Ryder.


2 comments:

Nichols Family said...

I've always wanted to go to a temple open house. Don't children have such innocent and pure perspectives on things? Isn't your Birthday coming up? Hope it'a a happy one!!!

Scotty and Chels said...

Hi Carrie! It's been a while. I hope you are doing well. I was reading you previous post and thinking about how I miss your great relief society/Sunday school lessons!