Monday, February 18, 2008

Weekend of Love



What do you get when you stick two crazy girls in a car to Las Vegas on Valentines Day? You get the Road trip of love, followed by the weekend of Love.

Vic and I drove down to Vegas for the long weekend. We officially termed it the road trip of love because of several reasons.

First, we both wore red and valentine's apparel. Second, we ONLY listened to love songs on the whole trip down. It was amazing. Third, we only were allowed to eat pink, red, white food. (And some brown for chocolate). Fourth, we brought with us some items of love including the following: One heart to heart conversation game. One magic "Date Ball," The book "Mars and Venus on a Date," and we placed gel hearts on Vicki's car windows. On the way down we stopped off to visit our friend Jason in St. George. It was fun. Great times.

I can't tell you how great it was to get away from the grey skies and snow of Provo. I have to remind myself that I chose to live there. Vegas has been sunny skies and temperatures in the high 60's.

We enjoyed our time shopping, eating, working out at 24-hour fitness with Vicki's sister, reading, running errands, and going to the stratosphere and Bellagio water show (my personal fav).

Last night after going out for Thai food with the Porters, we went down to the strip and rode the "Big Shot" on the stratosphere. It was nuts. I have never screamed harder on a ride before. They shoot you up in the air and when you look out all you can see are city lights below you. Talk about a rush.

Today has been such a relaxing Sunday...first one of those in a while. That pretty much sums up the weekend of Love. I hope yours was equally exciting.

3 comments:

Nichols Family said...

LOVE was in the air! We need more holidays for fun like V-Day, I think. Cool that you're bloggin' now.

Anonymous said...

Ahh the Big Shot! That is the funnest ride ever! My husband screamed like the biggest girl I've ever heard! I love Vegas! Miss you!

S&F Seminario said...

Carrie!
I'm so jealous to see that you went to Hawaii again! How I miss that place. Where are you working there in Provo? Maybe I need to look at your update. You can see us at sharonandfernando.blogspot.com
I'm so happy you sent the email!